You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Teya Visits for Christmas!

I am still a total child when it comes to Christmas. I love the surprises, the secrets, the magic, decorating, some shopping, and most of all the butterflies on Christmas Eve before falling asleep.  This year was the most magical and fantastic Christmas I have experienced in a long while. 


The Reagan family tradition was one that I LOVE! Jess used to talk about going out and cutting down their own Christmas tree. Obviously I thought this was the coolest thing EVER. We had always driven around to various tree stands and pick one there, which I loved but cutting one down sounded so fun. He came home one day and presented me when a tag to find our very own wild Christmas tree. We planned for a sunny day in December and to make this tradition our own, decided we would take our horses along. Let me tell you, it doesnt get much better than riding out into the mountains on horses with your honey. Now imagine Jess and I running our horses back and forth through the snow looking at every tree for our perfect Christmas tree! 







The Hopkins family traditions involve SHRIMP, clam chowder, cookies, and classic Christmas movies. Needless to say I persuaded my dear husband to spend Christmas Eve Hopkins style. We began this tradition that I hope the Reagan clan can now continue.. I guess it all started when we moved to Puerto Rico, it was an island without many of the traditional American dishes. So, in order to make Christmas dinner memorable we opted for freshly steamed shrimp and mom's homemade Clam Chowder. That was easily made a new and favorite family traditional which understandably holds true today! 


Being able to spend Christmas Eve with my family is always a treat. Making cookies with my mom, playing video games with my little brother Eric, and watching Christmas movies with the family are highlights I look forward to. Then comes the 'good stuff' of exchanging family gifts as well as Christmas morning. I still argue that the best part of Christmas is going to bed and dreaming of Santa, even though I am well past the 'age of magic' I still get butterflies! Christmas morning was beautiful, filled with surprises and a few laughs. 


Both my parents and Jess got me a microwave. We havent had one since we got married! Who would have thought same kind and everything.





Jess and I were both looking forward to that afternoon though when we could pick up Teya! I hadnt seen her since last December when we went to visit her in Hawaii. We were both giddy knowing we would be able to experience Christmas morning all over again with Teya. Not to mention the surprise Christmas present we had waiting for her....


 We finally got to pick up Teya! Quick as we could we got her home so we could open her presents from Santa. She wasnt the only one surprised. Jess had bought our new tv which i didnt even notice when I walked it. Even though its huge and I should have! you can see my surprise.. lol
 Teya gets a pony for Christmas!!! Poor things allergy's to our cat made her a little out of it though. She was so excited to ride!!!

Grandma Coco and Grandpa Dimples gave Teya a Hello Kitty Scooter! 

Granny Queenie with her small horde for Teya!




Grandma and Grandpa Hopkins watching Teya open their gifts. An awesome easel she loved to paint on. Uncle Eric styling in his Christmas finery!  













The next 5 days with Teya passed in a blur of activities and laughter. We had a blast playing with all her new toys, riding the horses together, visiting family she had not seen in over a year, and just enjoying being together. It was the first time Jess; family had all been together in quite some time so of course a family picture outing was a must!

















WOW! What a fantastic holiday season we had. Being able to have some quality time with little miss Teya was so fun, even if she LOVED getting up soooo early! We had a great time playing and enjoying some family time.


Now the best part about this holiday season is it didnt end Christmas morning. We still had another adventure in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment