You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Summer 2011 recap

Its been way too long since I last blogged, which is unfortunate. Jess and I have done a ton in the last 8 months and though it was a busy year I know I had time to blog, I just didnt. Well, since there is sooo much I am breaking it all up a bit so I can comment as usual on the pictures Im going to put up. Half the fun is reading the story behind the crazy pictures and I know thats what you really want. So, here it goes! Enjoy!!!!


Oh and try as I might I could not get them in the exact order they happened. However, it is as close as I can get them without freaking out and giving up on my blog forever.. 
                                                  Virginia Beach
The summer began with me driving my honey out to work in VA for 4 looong months.. without me! Thankfully the drive out there was a mini vaca and I got to visit him and the VB2 crew at least once. There is just one thing to say, I cant wait for this summer! Virginia Beach is warm, sunny, and has the longest recreational beach in the nation, oh and the water is WARM! None of this freezing west coast water crap for this east coast girl. Just to highlight:
Driving cross country is awful
Jeep was full to the BRIM
stopped to camp/sleep at 4am, left at 7am to avoid paying
Saw Billy the Kids gravestone
wasnt allowed to read lol
dropped off a moped
lost tool kit 
watched the full moon through windmills
slept little
laughed til we cried
etc etc etc...




 




 Wright Bros Sand dunes in NC.
All of us were badly sunburned after a day at the beach.. Camped in 100% humidity, found out Jess hates camping back east... hehehe




     Museum was fun!!! Air conditioning is a life saver!







 
                                             
 



 This is the 4am set tent up moment... It was pitch black and we were exhausted!

 The following is a how to make the famous Reagan Clan crescents whilst camping! 






You may not fully understand but these things are DIVINE while out camping!


 




 We were right outside Ashville, NC and found this national park in the Blue Ridge Mountains that had amazing camping. This is for sure going to be a future family spot from now on! I loved seeing all the cute caterpillars I used to catch as a child, the dogwood trees that were blooming everywhere, and the smell of trees!!! Jess fell in love with the area too, thank goodness. Cant wait to go back and explore the beauties of the East Coast with him more this summer.



     

 





Chimney Rock! To get there you must brave hundreds of thousands of stairs like these ones. They go on and on and on and on! I thought we might never get there. Funny how when I was a child climbing these they didnt seems so many.. The worst part is knowing you have to trek back down them after using all your strength just to reach the top! Apparently the elevator wasnt working... hahah 


                                   




11221 Vista Canyon Dr Charlotte, NC!!!!
This is the house I grew up in and man was it so awesome to stop and see it!
I couldnt believe how small it was, especially this 'hill' you see behind me.Buddy aka Robert and I used to ride our bikes down this hill and thought it was truly MASSIVE!
Oh the Memories!




 








 


 


 We made it at long last! Only a little worse for the wear...



Back to UT, husbandless..


 Went to Colorado the week of my birthday to see my cousin Jeff get married. 
It had been so long since I had seen this side of the family and had a blast going down with my parents to party! Its nice being an adult now! lol







!!!!!Girls Camp!!!!!





 




 






For the many of you who dont know the significance of Cascade Springs I will tell you.
This is where Jess took me on our very FIRST DATE!
We got to know each other, enjoy the outdoors, tell about our dreams and laughed alot.


 









 



 




I loved Girls Camp and all the fun I had with the girls this summer! I suppose I was where I needed to be even though it was being apart from my love. Now, there is still more to come as I update more of the blog and dig through all of the pictures I have been taking these last few months. Needless to say I wont get behind again because I have hated all the time it takes to get back on track and having to skip a few of the stories along the way.
So, to make sure we are all on the same page.. While Jess was in VA selling with his new team, I was in Utah. I worked up at Sundance with Foxtrotters (horses obviously), got called into the YW as the miamaid advisor and raised our puppy now dog Yuka. That was pretty much it.. Now we can get into the good stuff when Jess came home and more adventures ensued! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that we never got to meet up in Virginia- looks like you guys had a full summer! I'm glad you made it back to Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete