You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MLK day Outing

No school, no work, what better place to go than Salt Lake with the fam? Martin Luther King Jr day we went up with the Palfraymans and my family to go ice skating. We arrived in SLC a couple hours before the rink was open so what better thing to do than to wander through Temple Square. 
First we took a quick tour through the Beehive house (Jess' first time!)
The sister missionaries there were, dare I say, rude! We werent allowed to ask any questions about the furniture, just the gospel. I know they meant well... :)
Afterwards, we went to admire the Temple. I cant believe how amazing this beautiful structure is. I am always struck by the eternal significance it represents, that families can be sealed together forever. 

We wanted to take some pictures together under the beautiful January sky!


 I dont know what it is about a cloudy, overcast sky, but it makes for the best pictures!! 


 FINALLY... we got on the ice.. me gripping the rail or Jess' hand... Jess doing his Peter Pan move! Eric loved this slick move and all the kids were trying to do it all night. I was worried that Jess was going to fall and screw up his already injured back but he was to good to do something silly like fall!

Eric and Jess racing each other around the rink.. I just watched! lol I was really impressed that my husband was such an amazing skater! Eric, his bro-in-law, loved it. He has a thing for roller-blading and thought it was cool that Jess was so natural in skates as well.  


 Me standing still on the ice, it is much safer that way!


This is a bit of a funny picture, but for some reason I love it! Our eyes are super cool... such an awesome contrast, green and blue. And yes, I have recut my bangs.. Jess thinks it makes me look younger, my mom thinks it makes me look older..? 

 I dont have near enough pictures of me and my dada!! It was soooo much fun skating with him! Its not very often we get to play and it was one time when I had my camera to document it! I Love you daddy and wanted to say thanks for a great day!

2 comments: