Arriving in St George, we begin our journey to Carnival land by stopping in to see the Reagans! Jess' dad, Craig, and stepmom, Kylie, were kind enough to let us crash at their amazing house for the night. Can I just say what a sweet and extremely talented family they are. We were guests of honor to a special performance by the kids on their violins, one that made our toes tap and my fingers itch to play again. Before bed we took a dip in the hottub and got our first experience at cruise life when Kylie brought us out icecream! We felt so loved and a part of the family. It was so great seeing everyone and strengthening our love and enjoying the closeness of family. Thank you guys for taking us in and making us feel loved and welcomed! We will be back soon!!
Tianna and Treven with Jess
Me and Talisa watching Kylie cook us up some travelin snacks!
Catching Tavia in a candid moment!
Here is Kylie wipping us some DELICIOUS cookies to take on the road.. They were gone almost before we got on the freeway. I will have to get that recipe!! Thanks Ky for all the treats to and from!!
The road streches out in front of us as Jess takes the wheel and drives and drives... Though I do believe having a freaking awesome car to drive to Cali made the trip more fun, and faster!! MUAHAHA
Robert could not WAIT to get to Laguna Beach and eat at Wahoo's, a yummy mexican resturant. Afterwards we stayed with a member fam of his and he showed us a bit of his mish. He was like a kid in a candy shop!
This is us at 'the top of the world' in Laguna. It was SOOO warm and I loved being so close to the ocean,
Coming down from the top of the world, Robert took us to his favorite street. It was seriously straight down and I had to take a picture.. My car shining in the California sun... lovely.. and I loved the street name! tehe
I told the boys we had to make a pit stop at the San Dieago temple. It was the first time I really saw it up close and personal. Jess was right about it looking like a fairytale castle. I couldnt believe it, it was so very beautiful and it looks awesome with the surrounding palm trees.
We made it!!!!
All aboard the Carnival Spirit for 5 days of cruzing fun!!
How do I even begin to tell you how amazing and MASSIVE the ship was. The fun found within this floating fortress is beyond belief. I know everyone hears about the shows, the food, and the pools on deck.. but there was SO much more. Wandering around and seeing the different lounges, the 3 pools and hot tubs, the mini golf, the basketball court, the level dedicated to food with like a million different buffet lines, the dining rooms, and so so much more. Not only did we love our days at sea but getting to play in Cabo for 2 days was the best!Now to make a long story short we had a total BLAST! Here is only a fraction of what we acomplished aboard....
Our second night onboard we had our cruise formal night. We were all able to et super dressed up and go to a show at the comedy lounge and dinner. The comics were hilarious and I loved getting in a happy mood lol. After, we made our way to the dining hall and sat with our group of Bioguard employees and managers. The meal was to DIE for. It was all you could eat lobster, shrimp, steak, dessert, you name it you could have boat loads! It was a seafood lovers dream come true...
Dropping anchor in Cabo we rushed to the boats to take us ashore first thing! The sun was out, we had our swimsuits on, our snorkeling gear in a bag, and a smile on our white sunless faces..!
We gathered with our Bioguard family (this is the pest control company that Jess is managing for in VA beach this summer, they decided to take us along on their company cruise how cool is that!) on the beach and got our playtime plans in order. The first half of the day we hung out on the beach and got mobbed by mexicans selling their wares. I got alittle sun, some pics with an igunana, and some totally authentic mexican food on the beach! How perfect is that!!
This beautiful beach is my new favorite oceanside spot in the world. Its called Lovers Beach and i do LOVE it to death. You had to ride a water taxi to get out there and once there you dont wanna leave. There were a couple private coves that you had to swim to. Jess and I braved the semi freezing water to get to one, as well as the crashing waves! Thank goodness we had our snorkel gear or I would have drowned for sure! Unfortunately, we didnt bring our camera (obviously) but trust me when I say it was off the hook beautiful! We also got to do some serious snorkling out there and found a spot where it was more than 40 feet to the bottom of the ocean, and we could see all the way down it was so crystal clear. With us floating on the top of the water looking down we saw a ton of fish swimming around beneath us. It was the most fantastic thing I have ever seen! I plan on doing a ton more snorkeling and some day scuba diving with my hunny! The next day in Cabo we got a group of us to get 4-wheelers and ride on the beach. Can I just give a word of advice to future cruisers, make sure you check the time in the port against that to the time on the ship, THEY ARE DIFFERENT! We were almost an hour late to our meet up time in Cabo due to our brain deadness.. Thankfully the kind mexicans took us and another brain dead couple out to meet the group, so we still got to go ridin! Those ATVs were total junk too, but they got the job done and we rode hard!!
Looking back at Cabo San Lucus and thinking how we are going to miss that little mexican tourist town!! We had so much fun.. but its not over yet, we still had another day and a half at sea!! YAY
For the rest of the time we ate.. they had a chocolate buffet.. tehe... and we hung out with our friends in the hot tub. Pretty much just relaxed and enjoyed the gentle rocking motion of the ship..
Robert and like the only 5 single guys in our group of 50.. and Pocholo our awesome waiter!!!
Welp, I do believe that my first cruise ever was a complete sucess. Jess was a fantastic fellow adventurer as always and we lived it up having as much fun as humanly possible. We are so grateful for those who helped us get there, Bioguard for taking us along and welcoming us to the company family, Craig, Kylie and the kids for taking us in and feeding us deliciousness, and for my little brother Robert for helping with gas lol. I loved every second of our cruzing adventure and I cant wait to take our families on one with us SOON! ;)




omg afton!! you are so amazingly gorgeous in all of these pics!!! miss you girl!!!
ReplyDelete